We are currently welcoming applications for a Business & Community Support Officer (BCSO) for our Excelerate investment at Mackie Academy.
Excelerate is an investment by The Wood Foundation which empowers system change in education by offering professional learning and network opportunities to support schools in achieving their visions for change through a focus on culture, collaboration, and pedagogy.
The BCSO will work alongside school staff, community, and industry to develop and manage authentic collaborative partnerships which support the delivery of real-world teaching and learning.
- Liaise with stakeholders and coordinate their involvement in projects which support the delivery of real-world teaching and learning experiences.
- Understand and be committed to school values and vision.
- Support school-based colleagues in identifying and sourcing a variety of partners who can bring well planned project-based learning to life.
- Monitor and report on project milestones.
- Contribute to the development of activities (reflected in the school planning) that will help the school community to achieve their aims and objectives for Excelerate, including identifying new/ potential opportunities for engaging with the wider community.